Tuesday 15 April 2014

Train travel

I forgot to grab a photograph of the business end of a Shinkansen train, which looks really cool and a certain colleague's son would have loved it.  They sure do go fast.  The trip from Tokyo to Aomori, at the northern tip of Honshu, took less time than the normal trains the rest of the way to Sapporo.  Everything people say about the trains in Japan is true, they're awesome.


I would like to say I used an absurdly fast shutter speed to take this, making a big deal about the motion blur, but I think the files have embedded metadata, which would make it easy to prove I'm lying.  I still think it helps convey the speed a little, you hardly see the close objects at all.


I went through a big tunnel, under the sea.



Is that Hokkaido in the distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment