Tuesday 15 April 2014

Sapporo, part one



You betcha!

I took many photos in Sapporo, and even being ruthless there are quite a few to post.


Cold!  Not for people from Sapporo, no, but for me, yes.  You won't catch me wearing a miniskirt in that weather, but it didn't bother some folk.




Brendan took me to the historical village, which is where they've taken old buildings from various places and plonked them down next to each other.  Sapporo was colonized in earnest relatively late in the piece, so in a weird way this place reminds me of Australia in that many of the historic buildings are quite modern compared to a castle.






Did I mention it was cold?


Fishermans' quarters.



An old photographers studio.  The shot I wanted is pretty much impossible to expose properly, so I'll have to make a composite later.



Typesetting pieces at an old printers.


Isengard.




For Luke (zoom in to see the store name).  The first step is to admit you have a problem.



If this sculpture has any nudity, it's at least abstract enough to make it stand out from all the others.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment