Monday 28 April 2014

In Ulm, um Ulm, und um Ulm herum

I'll give you one guess what book I've been reading.


Münster Dom.


Many steps later...


This is the look on my face when I chicken out of going up the last set of steps (e.g. the last quarter).  I was dizzy after leaving the Umeda Sky Building, but this was pure masochism (ahaha, well I suppose a cathedral is the best place for it).




In a softer light.

I quite liked Ulm, even though I am constantly corrected on the pronunciation of the town's name.  The city centre is small, but I enjoyed the spirit of the town.

One place I visited was the Museum der Brotcultur (http://www.museum-brotkultur.de).  At first with the English audio guide it was quite surreal, and it reminded me of the 7 & 1/2th floor video in Being John Malkovitch.  Even the woman who sold me the ticket suggested it would send me to sleep and made sure i knew how to press 'stop' on the audio guide.  Ultimately it turned out to be a very interesting and thought provoking museum about food production and famine throughout the ages.  There were some creepy religious overtones, but it's hard to separate religion  from the artifacts of the times.  There was even a Salvidor Dali sculpture in the gallery.



Buste de femme rétospectif (Retrospektive Frauenbüste) 1977 (1933).

Like most photos I take indoors, I'm sure I'll get I trouble for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment