Friday 18 April 2014

Sapporo, part two






I've been looking for one of those.

I went to the animal prison.  I don't suppose this reveals much unique about Japan, but here are some photos anyway.






Wherever you go in Japan there's always a food that is the local speciality.  To me it seems these are dishes you can get all over the place, but you go to the region to get the real deal.


So for Sapporo it's miso ramen, with the other thing being "Gengis Kahn", a lamb dish that you preferably eat at the Sapporo Biergarten.  I ate both, but only got a photo of one.


(As compared to the other photo of me eating this dish:


Originally captioned "Dom contemplating the futility of a comb over.")


I suspect Matthew McConaughy and Woody Harrelson didn't get their man.  These were everywhere (yeah, I know, they're to stop the snow destroying people's gardens).


 It kept getting colder.  Fresh snow the day I left.


No comments:

Post a Comment