Friday 18 April 2014

The Rhein



After banging on about it for months, I didn't actually buy the bike of my dreams.  In the end it came down to a combination of the shop not taking credit cards (like just about everywhere I Germany) and that I was doing this immediately before Easter, so a bank transfer was going to take way too long.  So I got a boring bike.


I may be wearing a clown suit, but it's very cold by my standards.

In the last couple of days I rose from Frankfurt to Koblenz along the Rhein.  I have to wonder what this must have been like to live in during old times, there are stretches where there are castles around every bend.  Were they friendly, or could you not travel five kilometers without intruding on an enemy's land?  An ordinary person might just look this up or ask somebody, not me.  (Okay, some of them were abbeys)






No comments:

Post a Comment