Tuesday 13 May 2014

Nürnberg

Naturally everything will be an anticlimax after Bamberg, but I cycled to Nürnberg in the weekend.  A German bloke I'd chatted to told me if I hurried I would make it for the end of a semi-annual market for "old things".  I suggested "antiques?" which he latched on to.  It turns out that it was a giant flea market throughout the city, I didn't see anything particularly old.  Even though the cycling was easy going, I got there tired and it started to rain.  The bits of the market I got to see as people packed up looked no different to others I've seen, but I don't get excited by flea markets.  Buying anything just means carrying it on the bicycle later.

Found some interesting beer and wood smoked sausages, which was pretty exciting, though.


I just missed this barge going through a lock (is that the right word?).  You can't really see inside the lock though, so that's about all there is to see.


Part of what puts the berg in Nürnberg.


The museum at the castle in Nürnberg is pretty cool if you're into armour, swords, and early firearms (even just a little bit).



They even have the holy hand grenade.



For David's son.  Two trains for the price of one!  The white one is an ICE and the one in the background looks like an RE.  The ICE goes pretty fast.  It didn't have the space to wind up to the same speeds as some of the Japanese shinkansen trains I caught (which have way cooler farings), but fast all the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment