Saturday 3 May 2014

München (cont'd)


Something I find fascinating is what gets offered as impulse purchase items.  In some places it's just cigarettes, bit here we have liquor as well ("Mum, can I have a packet of Camels?").  Disregarding the display laws at home, if you put them in the open like this in Australia they'd be heavily targeted by shoplifters.


I tried to surrepticiously take some photos of the old subway trains using my phone.  Should have used my camera, you don't really get the feel.  I did see the year 1970 printed one one of these, so I guess people were using these trains during the Olympics.




In the Lenbachhaus gallery.


The Deutches Museum.  This is a WW1 era U-boat with the side removed.  Great museum.  I'd been warned there's too much to cover in one day, and it's true.


I dearly wish this was one of the interactive exhibits.


The Foucault's pendulum they have.  I was boring enough to wait around and see one of the metal spikes topple.


These holes were caused by micrometeorites.  Well I think it's cool.


Some parts of an A4 (better known as a V2) rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment